Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

love for a unknown child

Ever since I was around 11 I have wanted to adopt a child. I do not remember exactly how this idea came into my head other than that God has been showing me and getting me excited about adopting a child in the future. I know that this is something that God wants me to do because I used to be turned off by the idea, but I am now extremely excited about the fact that there might be a child out there that God wants to put in my life to call me mommy and for me to spoil him or her in love. There have been many times now where I have seen an image of a child in my head but I cant make it out fully, and all I can think about is what is their name, do they have loving parents, is there anything I could do for him/her, and the thought of the possibility that the child could be mine in the future just takes my breath away. All I can do is wait and see what God's plan is in my life.

My reasons to adopt:
-to show the child love
-to give a child a better opportunity
-to take care of one of God's children
-to see a smile on a child's face
-to make memories with someone that I will love
-to teach a child about God who may not have known or wanted to know because
of their situation
-to just be there for someone in need

No comments:

Post a Comment