Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year

As 2010 is coming to an end I am starting to think about this upcoming year and the things that I want to accomplish.  Instead of setting a new years resolution this year I have decided that I am going to choose one word that I am going to focus on this upcoming year.

Example: presence:  I will be more present in the room, more present with my friends and relationships, have a more present relationship with God etc.

Some words that I have come up with so far but have not narrowed it down yet:

-loving
-forgiving
-patient
-giving
-peaceful
-hope
-accountable 

*My goal is that I will use the word to better myself, relationships with others and God, and to better my workplace.  Of course I know that it will be hard to do through out the whole year but I have wonderful friends that are going to hold me accountable and keep me on the right track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment