Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Monday, July 5, 2010

giving up

When is the right time to give up? To me I think saying that something is impossible is going against God and your faith in him. I know that God can do anything and everything, we just have to put our faith and trust in him. I know that my brother has been through a lot in the past 10 months, but I still think that he will pull through. The doctors at Duke and Michigan both think that he will not make it, and they both do not want to give him a heart because they think he is to high of a risk. Raymond is not the person who he used to be, he can barley sit up, he is not talking/responding, he doesnt do puzzles, and he sleeps most of the day. Since Raymond is not responding to questions by shaking his head or saying yes or no we have a hard time figuring out what he wants and needs and if he is alright. We do not want him to be in pain or unhappy and it is hard for us to read him at times. Doctors have had meetings with my parents every monday saying that Raymond is dying and that there isnt much more that we could do for him. The doctors at Michigan want us to transport him back to Duke so he can have a quality of life, and my parents have to start thinking about taking things off of him. My parents do not know if Raymond is happy or if he just wants this to be over with, so they are having a hard time deciding what to do. If it was me I would keep fighting because there are times where I see the old side of Raymond shinning through. I know that God has a plan for him and it may not be the plan that I want but I know either way it will be perfect. If Raymond does end up going he will be in a better place but he will be missed a lot and my life wont be the same without him. Raymond is a fighter and I know that if he was given a heart he would pull through and be back to himself but the doctors are not willing to give him one. God will never leave us or forsake that and Raymond knows that because as soon as some Christian music was turned on today in his room he perked up and started smiling a lot. I wish I could be more like Raymond he is such a fighter, and he loves everyone even if they make mistakes. He is such an incredible person and I love him a lot.

1 comment: