Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Thursday, July 22, 2010

New

So this past week I have spent it in Myrtle beach with my youth group from Crossroads. It was an amazing trip, and I was able to learn more about myself and God. I haven't always been in love with myself and there are many times were I havent thought I was good enough because of what others have said to me. Before this trip I have never really gone up to someone and asked them if I could pray for them, and I have never really talked to anyone other than Duke, Marissa, Dawn, and one or two other people about what is going on in my life. However this past week I was able to walk up to someone else and tell them a little about my life and then I asked them if I could pray for them. I was also able to tell the whole group what was going on in my life and what God had been doing. I have been challenging myself to view every situation as "what would Raymond and God want me to do". By having myself think in that manner I have turned negative situations into positives and have been able to see how fortunate I am. I am amazed at how many lives an 8 year old boy has changed, and then I think about what I have done for God and it doesnt even compare, he never complained, cried, he was a friend to everyone, and he shared Christ every where he went.

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever question what you've done for God! You've been a light and an encouragment for me and I'm sure many others!

    ReplyDelete