Over the past couple of years I have been trying to discover myself and figure out exactly what I stand for and what I want for myself. I have never truly been in love with myself till a couple days ago, and it was all because of my Father, Jesus. He allowed me to see myself for who I really was and He allowed me to fall in love with myself. There have been many times where I thought I was not good enough to eat, to have certain friends, etc, but that all changed. God is the answer to everything and if you are ever have a question about something it is in the bible. I was struggling with many things, such as being away from my brother while he is in a hospital at Michigan trying to get a new heart, hours at work and having to juggle them with school, and also being in a serious relationship at the same time, and many other things. However I did not allow the stress to consume me, I just went and read the bible more than I have in a long time, and I sincerely prayed to the Father who has always been there for me. The feeling of His presence is amazing and I have experienced it before, but never like this. He picked me up with all my burdens and He took every single one of them, He filled my heart with more joy than I have ever experienced, and He gave me peace about His plan, which I can honestly say that I know that His plan is bigger and better than I could ever imagine. In Jer. 29:11 it says "For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope, and a future". For the Lord knows the past, present and future and His plans for me have changed me in ways that I can never imagine. For He has made me love myself, he takes away my burdens, I have seen Him heal the sick, and He never gives up on us. I am proud to say that I am a Christian, and I hope to live out the rest of my life for my Father.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Friday, June 25, 2010
because of Him
Over the past couple of years I have been trying to discover myself and figure out exactly what I stand for and what I want for myself. I have never truly been in love with myself till a couple days ago, and it was all because of my Father, Jesus. He allowed me to see myself for who I really was and He allowed me to fall in love with myself. There have been many times where I thought I was not good enough to eat, to have certain friends, etc, but that all changed. God is the answer to everything and if you are ever have a question about something it is in the bible. I was struggling with many things, such as being away from my brother while he is in a hospital at Michigan trying to get a new heart, hours at work and having to juggle them with school, and also being in a serious relationship at the same time, and many other things. However I did not allow the stress to consume me, I just went and read the bible more than I have in a long time, and I sincerely prayed to the Father who has always been there for me. The feeling of His presence is amazing and I have experienced it before, but never like this. He picked me up with all my burdens and He took every single one of them, He filled my heart with more joy than I have ever experienced, and He gave me peace about His plan, which I can honestly say that I know that His plan is bigger and better than I could ever imagine. In Jer. 29:11 it says "For I know the plans I have for you, Declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope, and a future". For the Lord knows the past, present and future and His plans for me have changed me in ways that I can never imagine. For He has made me love myself, he takes away my burdens, I have seen Him heal the sick, and He never gives up on us. I am proud to say that I am a Christian, and I hope to live out the rest of my life for my Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment