Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Growing up to fast


Our society is growing up to fast, with “having” to take more advanced classes, have a job, sports teams, clubs, and also juggle being part of a family and having a social life with friends. Childhood is important for children and when they have to grow up to fast they don’t get to make memories that will last a lifetime. I was forced to grow up when my brother was born eight years ago. With my brother having a major heart condition and having my parents focus on him and not be able to be there for certain events in my life I had to grow up fast. Since my brother was not fully recovered when school was starting back up again my sister and I had to come home and live with our neighbors till our parents could come home. I had to start middle school with out my parents and later I also started high school with out them. I also had to grow up and take many of the business responsibilities when Raymond was admitted into the hospital September 2009. I had to take over all the supply shopping, cutting the grass, moving furniture, and other small details. Even though growing up fast has been stressful at times, everything is under control and possible with God. God always has a plan and a purpose for everything and He will never leave us or forsake us.

No comments:

Post a Comment